Pages

Friday, June 20, 2008

YAY!!!



So...Just thought I would write and tell everyone that there have been 2 more kids to accept the gift of salvation!! So...that is 4 total kids that have been lead to Christ by the Kids Connection team! We have had 2 great weeks with the kids! It is so great to see them getting excited about Jesus and to just see them smile! The kids have been learning so much!


We had been staying with a wonderful older couple and they have been such a blessing to us all! Helen is the name of the older lady and she totally reminds me of my Greek, food pushing grandmother who's name is also Helen! LOL...but she has been a total doll! She woke up the other morning and made us apple, cinnamon pancakes and they were delish! But she is soooo cute! She is also a really creative lady and she has some of the coolest thing that she made displayed in her house! There is a really cool poem in the bathroom! LOL...but it is a really good poem! It is called "Do You Have the Time?" and goes a little like this:


Do You Have the Time?


I knelt to pray, but not for long,

I had too much to do.

I had to hurry and get to work,

For the bills were coming due.

So I knelt and said a hurried prayer,

And jumped up off my knees.

My Christian duty was now done,

My soul could rest at ease.

All day long I had no time,

To spread a word of cheer,

No time to speak of Christ to friends,

They'd laugh at me I'd fear.

No time, no time, too much to do,

That was my constant cry.

No time to give to souls in need,

But at Last, the time to die.

I went before the Lord, I came,

I stood with downcast eyes.

For in His hands, God held a book,

It was the book of life.

God looked into the book and said,

"Your name I can not find.

I once was going to write it down,

But never found the time..."



I just love that poem! It really says a lot! You know if we don't start acting like Christians then how do we expect to get to heaven?? God deserves a lot more time than we (myself included) give him! So...today...just take a while and listen and talk to God! Take time from your busy day to just relax and enjoy what God gave you! Think of everything you have and give thanks to God for that!

Anyways...Keep praying for me and the girls as we minister to kids all over south carolina! We have just settled into our new house we are staying at! VBS also started tonight...but yeah! I will post more later!

Just remember....Give God thanks! And talk to Him, b/c you can't have a relationship with out talking to someone! And all God wants is a relationship! It isn't too much to ask for the large price he payed!














4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing young woman....and I am so proud to be your mommy!Im so glad you have touched so many little lives....I will continue to pray for you , your team and all the kids you meet. I love you! xoxoxo Mommy

Anonymous said...

awesome! i am so excited about what you just wrote. Praise God for four salvations plus tons of lives being touched. I love it!
kristi c

Beverly said...

Praise God on (2) more souls. Thanks for allowing God to use you. I will continue to pray for you. Have a great 4th celebration and few days with your mom next week!

Anonymous said...

I need to know more from you, Miss Eleni... blog, girl! :)